"Hello Dear Dr. Pourgol,
Congratulations! For your amazing and interesting lectures in the Osteopathy program, both the technical and the business parts, especially the business part which is your experiences during many years. I watched every lecture several times and I enjoyed them. I wish the best for you.
Thank you so much
Mahmood Mohseni, MD
NAO full time student, class of 2012"
At National Academy of Osteopathy (NAO) we teach the art, science and philosophy of osteopathy with passion and pride. We welcome research and support patient centred, evidence informed scientific health care. We attract the best and brightest applicants, hire faculty who are experts in their fields, and work continuously to improve our curriculum. We teach techniques that are scientific & proven effective through evidence based research. We prepare students for the real world by teaching business principles. We aim to make our students the most successful manual osteopaths in the world.
Our Faculty are highly qualified and come from all disciplines and backgrounds to bring students a rich learning experience. Their teaching methods ensure a blend of strong theoretical knowledge with ample application of hands-on experience, providing students with in-depth understanding in a nurturing and dynamic environment.
Our Clinic offers the campus based students an opportunity to gain rewarding hands-on experience within our diverse community based settings. As osteopathy interns, NAO students assume patient care under the supervision of clinical faculty—most of whom also operate clinical practices outside of NAO.
You should choose National Academy of Osteopathy for the following reasons:
1) National Academy of Osteopathy teaches more scientific osteopathy techniques than any other manual osteopathy college.
2) NAO is the only osteopathic college focused on graduating successful manual osteopaths. NAO graduates receive full education on marketing, business management, financial planning, tax strategies, asset protection, wealth creation, public relations, advertising, estate planning, etc. NAO is the only osteopathic college in the world teaching these topics in detail.
3) NAO teaches students how to create a niche market and be known as an expert in that market. We teach students about geriatrics osteopathy, osteopathic MVA rehab, slip & falls management, multidisciplinary accident care, sports osteopathy, paediatric osteopathy, independent disability evaluation, TMJ pain management, orthopaedic supports, orthotic footwear, compression support hose, functional abilities evaluation, ergonomic assessment, job site analysis, decompression traction therapy, auxiliary osteopathy, work hardening, & work conditioning, amongst other topics. NAO is the only osteopathic school teaching these topics.
4) Professor Pourgol's lecture series on "Setting Up a Million Dollar Practice" and "Improving Your Brain & Achieving Your Goals by Manipulating Reticular Activating System & Psychocybernetics Mechanism" are available only to NAO students.
5) NAO students have 100% passing rate at the osteopathy board exams. We prepare our students academically for the board exams and offer free tutorials.
6) NAO is the only osteopathy college in Canada accepted by Medical Financial as an accredited health education facility.
10) NAO students are eligible for many scholarships from NAO as well as Union Ergonomics, Mobile Osteopathy Canada, Mobile Osteopathy UK, Mobile Osteopathy Australia, Gene Lab DNA and Spinal Traction Clinic.
11) NAO works closely with Mobile Osteopathy Canada; the largest employer of manual osteopaths in Canada.
12) For international students who wish to immigrate to Canada under the "Skilled Professional" category of Immigration Canada; NAO is able to help NAO graduates find employment in Canada and secure a job offer.
13) NAO offers many employment opportunities to its own graduates. 25 of the current 46 NAO admission offices are partnered & owned with NAO graduates. We also hire NAO graduates for teaching positions and the student clinic.
14) National Academy of Osteopathy is the only manual osteopathy college in the world offering courses in custom made foot orthotics, compression socks and physiotherapy modalities. Currently there are no other manual osteopathy colleges offering these courses.
15) National Academy of Osteopathy offers four guaranteed scholarships to all its students. These scholarships (valued at $21,639.50) are available to all students who enrol in the diploma program in manual osteopathy (DOMP). The four scholarships fully cover the tuition cost of the following post graduate courses:
AOT 1026 Auxiliary Osteopathy Therapy (certified electrotherapist) (tuition: $5650.00)
CF 1092 Certified Fitter – Support Hose (tuition: $2825.00)
CF 1082 Certified Fitter – Foot Orthotics (tuition: $3390.00)
OMT 0428 Certified Osteopathic Manipulative Therapist (tuition: $9774.50)
Upon successful completion of the courses graduates are permitted to use the following designations and titles after their names: CET, CFSH, CFFO, COMT.
Join us; become a manual osteopath and secure your future.
Our Students are dedicated, enthusiastic, and dynamic.
Being part of this high energy group is motivating and inspiring.
Dear Dr. Pourgol;
In July 2010 when you told me about osteopathy I was interested in it But the thing that was always in my mind was: "Is it possible for me with no background in Health to start this program?"
You told me that you are creating a program that anyone with no background in Health can study and learn manual osteopathy and be successful in it. Still In February 2011 when I started osteopathy I was not sure about it but I did it because I trusted you.
Now after a month that I am in the osteopathy Program I am Sure that with your method of teaching the manual practice of osteopathy and the passion you have for teaching and also the curriculum you gather for other subjects in this program (anatomy,Pathology,...) IT IS possible to become a successful manual osteopath ONLY in 4 months.
I just want to thank you for creating this opportunity.
Full time student-class of 2011